Roadmap for release 0.2.0
Target delivery: early October 2016
Build Cache (Jag @j00bar)
- One of the niceties of Dockerfile is that Docker Engine re-uses cached layers to accelerate rebuilds. We should be able to create
something similar using a custom Ansible execution strategy.
- Build and test new execution strategy
- Add CLI option to enable the new strategy in the build command
- Tracked on issue #143.
Refactor shipit (House @chouseknecht)
- Help the OpenShift team complete the new OpenShift/K8s modules for Ansible
- Submit new modules to Ansible core
- Refactor Shipit command to use the new modules
- Tracked on issue #152.
Better SELinux Integration (Dusty @dustymabe)
- Make it easy for users to execute ansible-container build in an SELinux environment.
- Tracked on issue #168.
Naming and tagging images (?)
- Create a mechanism that allows users to set image names and tag images into repositories. Currently image names are controlled
exclusively by Ansible Container.
- Tracked on issue #125.
Support detached run, stop, and restart (Shubham @containscafeine)
- Add –detached option to the run command.
- Add stop and restart commands.
- Tracked on issue #91.
Template rendering in container.yml (House @chouseknecht)
- Add jinja2 template rendering in the config object
- Add CLI option for specifying a var file
- Add examples and docs
- Tracked on issue #120.
Reference guide for container.yml (House @chouseknecht)
- Provide a reference guide for container.yml
- Make it easy for users to know what compose directives are supported and how they are interpreted/handled by Ansible Container.
- Provide a list of unsupported directives
- Include examples
- Tracked on issue #108.
Custom build variables and volumes (House @chouseknecht)
- Add –with-volumes option to build command
- Add –with-variables option to build command
- Add –save-build-container to build command
- Tracked on issue #126.