bigip_dns_nameserver – Manage LTM DNS nameservers on a BIG-IP¶
New in version 2.8.
- Manages LTM DNS nameservers on a BIG-IP. These nameservers form part of what is known as DNS Express on a BIG-IP. This module does not configure GTM related functionality, nor does it configure system-level name servers that affect the base system’s ability to resolve DNS names.
- For more information on using Ansible to manage F5 Networks devices see https://www.ansible.com/integrations/networks/f5.
- Requires BIG-IP software version >= 12.
- The F5 modules only manipulate the running configuration of the F5 product. To ensure that BIG-IP specific configuration persists to disk, be sure to include at least one task that uses the bigip_config module to save the running configuration. Refer to the module’s documentation for the correct usage of the module to save your running configuration.
- name: Create a nameserver bigip_dns_nameserver: name: foo address: 10.10.10.10 service_port: 53 state: present provider: password: secret server: lb.mydomain.com user: admin delegate_to: localhost
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module:
Address which the nameserver listens for DNS messages.
Service port on which the nameserver listens for DNS messages.