net_put – Copy a file from Ansible Controller to a network device¶
New in version 2.6.
- This module provides functionality to copy file from Ansible controller to network devices.
- Some devices need specific configurations to be enabled before scp can work These configuration should be pre-configured before using this module e.g ios -
ip scp server enable.
- User privilege to do scp on network device should be pre-configured e.g. ios - need user privilege 15 by default for allowing scp.
- Default destination of source file.
- This module is supported on
ansible_network_osnetwork platforms. See the Network Platform Options for details.
- name: copy file from ansible controller to a network device net_put: src: running_cfg_ios1.txt - name: copy file at root dir of flash in slot 3 of sw1(ios) net_put: src: running_cfg_sw1.txt protocol: sftp dest : flash3:/running_cfg_sw1.txt