win_netbios – Manage NetBIOS over TCP/IP settings on Windows¶
New in version 2.9.
- Enables or disables NetBIOS on Windows network adapters.
- Can be used to protect a system against NBT-NS poisoning and avoid NBNS broadcast storms.
- Settings can be applied system wide or per adapter.
- Changing NetBIOS settings does not usually require a reboot and will take effect immediately.
- UDP port 137/138/139 will no longer be listening once NetBIOS is disabled.
- name: Disable NetBIOS system wide win_netbios: state: disabled - name: Disable NetBIOS on Ethernet2 win_netbios: state: disabled adapter_names: - Ethernet2 - name: Enable NetBIOS on Public and Backup adapters win_netbios: state: enabled adapter_names: - Public - Backup - name: Set NetBIOS to system default on all adapters win_netbios: state: default
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module:
Boolean value stating whether a system reboot is required.