fail – Fail with custom message¶
- This module fails the progress with a custom message.
- It can be useful for bailing out when a certain condition is met using
- This module is also supported for Windows targets.
"Failed as requested from task"
The customized message used for failing execution.
If omitted, fail will simply bail out with a generic message.
# Example playbook using fail and when together - fail: msg: The system may not be provisioned according to the CMDB status. when: cmdb_status != "to-be-staged"
- This module is guaranteed to have no backward incompatible interface changes going forward. [stableinterface]
- This module is maintained by the Ansible Core Team. [core]