win_http_proxy – Manages proxy settings for WinHTTP¶
New in version 2.8.
- Used to set, remove, or import proxy settings for Windows HTTP Services
- WinHTTP is a framework used by applications or services, typically .NET applications or non-interactive services, to make web requests.
A list of hosts that will bypass the set proxy when being accessed.
Omit, set to null or an empty string/list to remove the bypass list.
If this is set then proxy must also be set.
A string or dict that specifies the proxy to be set.
If setting a string, should be in the form
If the port is undefined, the default port for the protocol in use is used.
If setting a dict, the keys should be the protocol and the values should be the hostname and/or port for that protocol.
Valid protocols are
Omit, set to null or an empty string to remove the proxy settings.
Instead of manually specifying the proxy and/or bypass, set this to import the proxy from a set source like Internet Explorer.
Only IE's proxy URL and bypass list will be imported into WinHTTP.
This is like running
The value is imported when the module runs and will not automatically be updated if the IE configuration changes in the future. The module will have to be run again to sync the latest changes.
- This is not the same as the proxy settings set in Internet Explorer, also known as
WinINet; use the win_inet_proxy module to manage that instead.
- These settings are set system wide and not per user, it will require Administrative privileges to run.
- win_inet_proxy – Manages proxy settings for WinINet and Internet Explorer
- The official documentation on the win_inet_proxy module.
- name: Set a proxy to use for all protocols win_http_proxy: proxy: hostname - name: Set a proxy with a specific port with a bypass list win_http_proxy: proxy: hostname:8080 bypass: - server1 - server2 - <local> - name: Set the proxy based on the IE proxy settings win_http_proxy: source: ie - name: Set a proxy for specific protocols win_http_proxy: proxy: http: hostname:8080 https: hostname:8443 - name: Set a proxy for specific protocols using a string win_http_proxy: proxy: http=hostname:8080;https=hostname:8443 bypass: server1,server2,<local> - name: Remove any proxy settings win_http_proxy: proxy: '' bypass: ''