Ansible has several mailing lists. Your first post to the mailing list will be moderated (to reduce spam), so please allow up to a day or so for your first post to appear.
- Ansible Announce list is a read-only list that shares information about new releases of Ansible, and also rare infrequent event information, such as announcements about an upcoming AnsibleFest, which is our official conference series. Worth subscribing to!
- Ansible AWX List is for Ansible AWX the upstream version of Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Ansible Container List is for users and developers of the Ansible Container project.
- Ansible Development List is for learning how to develop on Ansible, asking about prospective feature design, or discussions about extending ansible or features in progress.
- Ansible Lockdown List is for all things related to Ansible Lockdown projects, including DISA STIG automation and CIS Benchmarks.
- Ansible Outreach List help with promoting Ansible and Ansible Meetups
- Ansible Project List is for sharing Ansible tips, answering questions, and general user discussion.
- Molecule List is designed to aid with the development and testing of Ansible roles with Molecule.
To subscribe to a group from a non-Google account, you can send an email to the subscription address requesting the subscription. For example:
Ansible has several IRC channels on Freenode.
Our IRC channels may require you to register your nickname. If you receive an error when you connect, see Freenode’s Nickname Registration guide for instructions.
To find all
ansible specific channels on a freenode network, use the following command in your IRC client:
/msg alis LIST #ansible* -min 5
as described in freenode docs.
#ansible- For general use questions and support.
#ansible-devel- For discussions on developer topics and code related to features or bugs.
#ansible-meeting- For public community meetings. We will generally announce these on one or more of the above mailing lists. See the meeting schedule and agenda page
Many of our community Working Groups meet on Freenode IRC channels. If you want to get involved in a working group, join the channel where it meets or comment on the agenda.
- Amazon (AWS) Working Group -
- Ansible Lockdown Working Group | gh/ansible/ansible-lockdown -
#ansible-lockdown- Security playbooks/roles
- AWX Working Group -
#ansible-awx- Upstream for Ansible Tower
- Azure Working Group -
- Community Working Group -
#ansible-community- Including Meetups
- Container Working Group -
- Contributor Experience Working Group -
- Docker Working Group -
- Documentation Working Group-
- Galaxy Working Group -
- JBoss Working Group -
- Kubernetes Working Group -
- Lightbulb Training -
#ansible-lightbulb- Ansible training
- Linode Working Group -
- Molecule Working Group | molecule.io -
#ansible-molecule- testing platform for Ansible playbooks and roles
- Network Working Group -
- Remote Management Working Group -
- Testing Working Group -
- VMware Working Group -
- Windows Working Group -
Want to form a new Working Group?
#ansible-es- Channel for Spanish speaking Ansible community.
#ansibleu- Channel for the European Ansible Community.
#ansible-fr- Channel for French speaking Ansible community.
#ansiblezh- Channel for Zurich/Swiss Ansible community.
Red Hat Ansible Tower is a UI, Server, and REST endpoint for Ansible. The Red Hat Ansible Automation subscription contains support for Ansible, Ansible Tower, Ansible Automation for Networking, and more.
If you have a question about Ansible Tower, visit Red Hat support rather than using the IRC channel or the general project mailing list.