Ansible uses Standard American English. Watch for common words that are spelled differently in American English (color vs colour, organize vs organise, etc.).
Everything you say should be understandable by people of different backgrounds and cultures. Avoid idioms and regionalism and maintain a neutral tone that cannot be misinterpreted. Avoid attempts at humor.
Always follow naming conventions and trademarks.
Clear sentence structure means:
- Start with the important information first.
- Avoid padding/adding extra words that make the sentence harder to understand.
- Keep it short - Longer sentences are harder to understand.
Some examples of improving sentences:
- The unwise walking about upon the area near the cliff edge may result in a dangerous fall and therefore it is recommended that one remains a safe distance to maintain personal safety.
- Danger! Stay away from the cliff.
- Furthermore, large volumes of water are also required for the process of extraction.
- Extraction also requires large volumes of water.
Write short, succinct sentences. Avoid terms like:
- ”...as has been said before,”
- ”..each and every,”
- ”...point in time,”
- ”...in order to,”