reboot – Reboot a machine¶
New in version 2.7.
- Reboot a machine, wait for it to go down, come back up, and respond to commands.
- For Windows targets, use the win_reboot module instead.
PATHis ignored on the remote node when searching for the
search_pathsto specify locations to search if the default paths do not work.
- win_reboot – Reboot a windows machine
- The official documentation on the win_reboot module.
- name: Unconditionally reboot the machine with all defaults reboot: - name: Reboot a slow machine that might have lots of updates to apply reboot: reboot_timeout: 3600 - name: Reboot a machine with shutdown command in unusual place reboot: search_paths: - '/lib/molly-guard'
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module:
The number of seconds that elapsed waiting for the system to be rebooted.
true if the machine was rebooted