PRs must be raised well in advance of the dates below to have a chance of being included in this ansible-base release.
There is no Alpha phase in 2.10.
Dates subject to change.
- 2020-06-16 Beta 1 Feature freeze No new functionality (including modules/plugins) to any code
- 2020-07-14 Release Candidate 1
- 2020-??-?? Release Candidate 2 if needed
- 2020-08-13 Release
- Migrate non-base plugins and modules from the
ansible/ansiblerepository to smaller collection repositories
- Add functionality to ease transition to collections, such as automatic redirects from the 2.9 names to the new FQCN of the plugin
- Create new
ansible-basepackage representing the
The 2.10 release of Ansible will fundamentally change the scope of plugins included in the
ansible/ansible repository, by
moving much of the plugins into smaller collection repositories that will be shipped through https://galaxy.ansible.com/
The following links have more information about this process: