apt – Manages apt-packages¶
The below requirements are needed on the host that executes this module.
- python-apt (python 2)
- python3-apt (python 3)
- aptitude (before 2.4)
- Three of the upgrade modes (
safeand its alias
aptitudeup to 2.3, since 2.4
apt-getis used as a fall-back.
- In most cases, packages installed with apt will start newly installed services by default. Most distributions have mechanisms to avoid this. For example when installing Postgresql-9.5 in Debian 9, creating an excutable shell script (/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d) that throws a return code of 101 will stop Postgresql 9.5 starting up after install. Remove the file or remove its execute permission afterwards.
- The apt-get commandline supports implicit regex matches here but we do not because it can let typos through easier (If you typo
foapt-get would install packages that have “fo” in their name with a warning and a prompt for the user. Since we don’t have warnings and prompts before installing we disallow this.Use an explicit fnmatch pattern if you want wildcarding)
- When used with a loop: each package will be processed individually, it is much more efficient to pass the list directly to the name option.
- name: Install apache httpd (state=present is optional) apt: name: apache2 state: present - name: Update repositories cache and install "foo" package apt: name: foo update_cache: yes - name: Remove "foo" package apt: name: foo state: absent - name: Install the package "foo" apt: name: foo - name: Install a list of packages apt: pkg: - foo - foo-tools - name: Install the version '1.00' of package "foo" apt: name: foo=1.00 - name: Update the repository cache and update package "nginx" to latest version using default release squeeze-backport apt: name: nginx state: latest default_release: squeeze-backports update_cache: yes - name: Install latest version of "openjdk-6-jdk" ignoring "install-recommends" apt: name: openjdk-6-jdk state: latest install_recommends: no - name: Upgrade all packages to the latest version apt: name: "*" state: latest - name: Update all packages to the latest version apt: upgrade: dist - name: Run the equivalent of "apt-get update" as a separate step apt: update_cache: yes - name: Only run "update_cache=yes" if the last one is more than 3600 seconds ago apt: update_cache: yes cache_valid_time: 3600 - name: Pass options to dpkg on run apt: upgrade: dist update_cache: yes dpkg_options: 'force-confold,force-confdef' - name: Install a .deb package apt: deb: /tmp/mypackage.deb - name: Install the build dependencies for package "foo" apt: pkg: foo state: build-dep - name: Install a .deb package from the internet. apt: deb: https://example.com/python-ppq_0.1-1_all.deb - name: Remove useless packages from the cache apt: autoclean: yes - name: Remove dependencies that are no longer required apt: autoremove: yes
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module: