bigip_facts – Collect facts from F5 BIG-IP devices¶
|Removed in Ansible:|
|Why:||The bigip_facts module relies on SOAP to communicate with the BIG-IP, and has a large amount of code that does not conform to existing F5 standards. The bigip_device_info module is easier to maintain and use.|
- Requires BIG-IP software version >= 11.4
- F5 developed module ‘bigsuds’ required (see http://devcentral.f5.com)
- Best run as a local_action in your playbook
- Tested with manager and above account privilege level
provisionfacts were added in 2.2
- This module is deprecated. Use the
- For more information on using Ansible to manage F5 Networks devices see https://www.ansible.com/integrations/networks/f5.
- Requires BIG-IP software version >= 12.
- The F5 modules only manipulate the running configuration of the F5 product. To ensure that BIG-IP specific configuration persists to disk, be sure to include at least one task that uses the bigip_config module to save the running configuration. Refer to the module’s documentation for the correct usage of the module to save your running configuration.
- name: Collect BIG-IP facts bigip_facts: server: lb.mydomain.com user: admin password: secret include: - interface - vlan delegate_to: localhost