dellos9_command – Run commands on remote devices running Dell OS9¶
- Sends arbitrary commands to a Dell OS9 node and returns the results read from the device. This module includes an argument that will cause the module to wait for a specific condition before returning or timing out if the condition is not met.
- This module does not support running commands in configuration mode. Please use dellos9_config to configure Dell OS9 devices.
- This module requires Dell OS9 version 184.108.40.206P13 or above.
- This module requires to increase the ssh connection rate limit. Use the following command ip ssh connection-rate-limit 60 to configure the same. This can be done via dellos9_config module as well.
- For more information on using Ansible to manage Dell EMC Network devices see https://www.ansible.com/ansible-dell-networking.
tasks: - name: run show version on remote devices dellos9_command: commands: show version - name: run show version and check to see if output contains OS9 dellos9_command: commands: show version wait_for: result contains OS9 - name: run multiple commands on remote nodes dellos9_command: commands: - show version - show interfaces - name: run multiple commands and evaluate the output dellos9_command: commands: - show version - show interfaces wait_for: - result contains OS9 - result contains Loopback
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module: