docker_host_info – Retrieves facts about docker host and lists of objects of the services¶
New in version 2.8.
- Retrieves facts about a docker host.
- Essentially returns the output of
docker system info.
- The module also allows to list object names for containers, images, networks and volumes. It also allows to query information on disk usage.
- The output differs depending on API version of the docker daemon.
- If the docker daemon cannot be contacted or does not meet the API version requirements, the module will fail.
The below requirements are needed on the host that executes this module.
- Docker API >= 1.21
- Docker SDK for Python: Please note that the docker-py Python module has been superseded by docker (see here for details). For Python 2.6,
docker-pymust be used. Otherwise, it is recommended to install the
dockerPython module. Note that both modules should not be installed at the same time. Also note that when both modules are installed and one of them is uninstalled, the other might no longer function and a reinstall of it is required.
- Docker SDK for Python >= 1.10.0 (use docker-py for Python 2.6)
- Connect to the Docker daemon by providing parameters with each task or by defining environment variables. You can define
DOCKER_TIMEOUT. If you are using docker machine, run the script shipped with the product that sets up the environment. It will set these variables for you. See https://docs.docker.com/machine/reference/env/ for more details.
- When connecting to Docker daemon with TLS, you might need to install additional Python packages. For the Docker SDK for Python, version 2.4 or newer, this can be done by installing
- Note that the Docker SDK for Python only allows to specify the path to the Docker configuration for very few functions. In general, it will use
DOCKER_CONFIGenvironment variable is not specified, and use
- name: Get info on docker host docker_host_info: register: result - name: Get info on docker host and list images docker_host_info: images: yes register: result - name: Get info on docker host and list images matching the filter docker_host_info: images: yes images_filters: label: "mylabel" register: result - name: Get info on docker host and verbose list images docker_host_info: images: yes verbose_output: yes register: result - name: Get info on docker host and used disk space docker_host_info: disk_usage: yes register: result - debug: var: result.host_info
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module: