eos_banner – Manage multiline banners on Arista EOS devices¶
- This will configure both login and motd banners on remote devices running Arista EOS. It allows playbooks to add or remote banner text from the active running configuration.
- Tested against EOS 4.15
- For information on using CLI, eAPI and privileged mode see the EOS Platform Options guide
- For more information on using Ansible to manage network devices see the Ansible Network Guide
- For more information on using Ansible to manage Arista EOS devices see the Arista integration page.
- name: configure the login banner eos_banner: banner: login text: | this is my login banner that contains a multiline string state: present - name: remove the motd banner eos_banner: banner: motd state: absent
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module:
- This module is not guaranteed to have a backwards compatible interface. [preview]
- This module is maintained by the Ansible Network Team. [network]
Red Hat Support¶
More information about Red Hat’s support of this module is available from this Red Hat Knowledge Base article.