gcp_compute_region_disk – Creates a GCP RegionDisk¶
New in version 2.8.
- Persistent disks are durable storage devices that function similarly to the physical disks in a desktop or a server. Compute Engine manages the hardware behind these devices to ensure data redundancy and optimize performance for you. Persistent disks are available as either standard hard disk drives (HDD) or solid-state drives (SSD).
- Persistent disks are located independently from your virtual machine instances, so you can detach or move persistent disks to keep your data even after you delete your instances. Persistent disk performance scales automatically with size, so you can resize your existing persistent disks or add more persistent disks to an instance to meet your performance and storage space requirements.
- Add a persistent disk to your instance when you need reliable and affordable storage with consistent performance characteristics.
The below requirements are needed on the host that executes this module.
- python >= 2.6
- requests >= 2.18.4
- google-auth >= 1.3.0
- API Reference: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/reference/rest/beta/regionDisks
- Adding or Resizing Regional Persistent Disks: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/regional-persistent-disk
- for authentication, you can set service_account_file using the c(gcp_service_account_file) env variable.
- for authentication, you can set service_account_contents using the c(GCP_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_CONTENTS) env variable.
- For authentication, you can set service_account_email using the
- For authentication, you can set auth_kind using the
- For authentication, you can set scopes using the
- Environment variables values will only be used if the playbook values are not set.
- The service_account_email and service_account_file options are mutually exclusive.
- name: create a region disk gcp_compute_region_disk: name: test_object size_gb: 500 disk_encryption_key: raw_key: SGVsbG8gZnJvbSBHb29nbGUgQ2xvdWQgUGxhdGZvcm0= region: us-central1 replica_zones: - https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/google.com:graphite-playground/zones/us-central1-a - https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/google.com:graphite-playground/zones/us-central1-b project: test_project auth_kind: serviceaccount service_account_file: "/tmp/auth.pem" state: present
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module: