import_tasks – Import a task list¶
New in version 2.4.
The name of the imported file is specified directly without any other option.
Most keywords, including loops and conditionals, only applied to the imported tasks, not to this statement itself.
If you need any of those to apply, use include_tasks instead.
- This is a core feature of Ansible, rather than a module, and cannot be overridden like a module.
- import_playbook – Import a playbook
- The official documentation on the import_playbook module.
- import_role – Import a role into a play
- The official documentation on the import_role module.
- include_role – Load and execute a role
- The official documentation on the include_role module.
- include_tasks – Dynamically include a task list
- The official documentation on the include_tasks module.
- Including and Importing
- More information related to including and importing playbooks, roles and tasks.
- hosts: all tasks: - debug: msg: task1 - name: Include task list in play import_tasks: stuff.yaml - debug: msg: task10 - hosts: all tasks: - debug: msg: task1 - name: Apply conditional to all imported tasks import_tasks: stuff.yaml when: hostvar is defined