meraki_mx_l7_firewall – Manage MX appliance layer 7 firewalls in the Meraki cloud¶
New in version 2.9.
- Allows for creation, management, and visibility into layer 7 firewalls implemented on Meraki MX firewalls.
- Module assumes a complete list of firewall rules are passed as a parameter.
- If there is interest in this module allowing manipulation of a single firewall rule, please submit an issue against this module.
- More information about the Meraki API can be found at https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs.
- Some of the options are likely only used for developers within Meraki.
- As of Ansible 2.9, Meraki modules output keys as snake case. To use camel case, set the
ANSIBLE_MERAKI_FORMATenvironment variable to
- Ansible’s Meraki modules will stop supporting camel case output in Ansible 2.13. Please update your playbooks.
- name: Query firewall rules meraki_mx_l7_firewall: auth_key: abc123 org_name: YourOrg net_name: YourNet state: query delegate_to: localhost - name: Query applications and application categories meraki_mx_l7_firewall: auth_key: abc123 org_name: YourOrg net_name: YourNet categories: yes state: query delegate_to: localhost - name: Set firewall rules meraki_mx_l7_firewall: auth_key: abc123 org_name: YourOrg net_name: YourNet state: present rules: - type: whitelisted_countries countries: - US - FR - type: blacklisted_countries countries: - CN - policy: deny type: port port: 8080 - type: port port: 1234 - type: host host: asdf.com - type: application application: id: meraki:layer7/application/205 - type: application_category application: id: meraki:layer7/category/24 delegate_to: localhost
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module: