net_get – Copy a file from a network device to Ansible Controller¶
New in version 2.6.
- This module provides functionality to copy file from network device to ansible controller.
- Some devices need specific configurations to be enabled before scp can work These configuration should be pre-configured before using this module e.g ios -
ip scp server enable.
- User privilege to do scp on network device should be pre-configured e.g. ios - need user privilege 15 by default for allowing scp.
- Default destination of source file.
- This module is supported on
ansible_network_osnetwork platforms. See the Network Platform Options for details.
- name: copy file from the network device to Ansible controller net_get: src: running_cfg_ios1.txt - name: copy file from ios to common location at /tmp net_get: src: running_cfg_sw1.txt dest : /tmp/ios1.txt