sefcontext – Manages SELinux file context mapping definitions¶
- Manages SELinux file context mapping definitions.
- Similar to the
The below requirements are needed on the host that executes this module.
- The changes are persistent across reboots.
- The sefcontext module does not modify existing files to the new SELinux context(s), so it is advisable to first create the SELinux file contexts before creating files, or run
restoreconmanually for the existing files that require the new SELinux file contexts.
- Not applying SELinux fcontexts to existing files is a deliberate decision as it would be unclear what reported changes would entail to, and there’s no guarantee that applying SELinux fcontext does not pick up other unrelated prior changes.
- name: Allow apache to modify files in /srv/git_repos sefcontext: target: '/srv/git_repos(/.*)?' setype: httpd_git_rw_content_t state: present - name: Apply new SELinux file context to filesystem command: restorecon -irv /srv/git_repos