timezone – Configure timezone setting¶
- This module configures the timezone setting, both of the system clock and of the hardware clock. If you want to set up the NTP, use service module.
- It is recommended to restart
crondafter changing the timezone, otherwise the jobs may run at the wrong time.
- Several different tools are used depending on the OS/Distribution involved. For Linux it can use
hwclock. On SmartOS,
sm-set-timezone, for macOS,
systemsetup, for BSD,
/etc/localtimeis modified. On AIX,
- As of Ansible 2.3 support was added for SmartOS and BSDs.
- As of Ansible 2.4 support was added for macOS.
- As of Ansible 2.9 support was added for AIX 6.1+
- Windows and HPUX are not supported, please let us know if you find any other OS/distro in which this fails.
- On SmartOS the
sm-set-timezoneutility (part of the smtools package) is required to set the zone timezone
- On AIX only Olson/tz database timezones are useable (POSIX is not supported). - An OS reboot is also required on AIX for the new timezone setting to take effect.
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module:
The differences about the given arguments.
The values after change
The values before change