vertica_user – Adds or removes Vertica database users and assigns roles¶
- Adds or removes Vertica database user and, optionally, assigns roles.
- A user will not be removed until all the dependencies have been dropped.
- In such a situation, if the module tries to remove the user it will fail and only remove roles granted to the user.
The below requirements are needed on the host that executes this module.
- The default authentication assumes that you are either logging in as or sudo’ing to the
dbadminaccount on the host.
- This module uses
pyodbc, a Python ODBC database adapter. You must ensure that
pyodbcis installed on the host and properly configured.
unixODBCfor Vertica requires
Driver = /opt/vertica/lib64/libverticaodbc.soto be added to the
Verticasection of either
ErrorMessagesPath = /opt/vertica/lib64and
DriverManagerEncoding = UTF-16to be added to the
Driversection of either
- name: creating a new vertica user with password vertica_user: name=user_name password=md5<encrypted_password> db=db_name state=present - name: creating a new vertica user authenticated via ldap with roles assigned vertica_user: name=user_name ldap=true db=db_name roles=schema_name_ro state=present