wakeonlan – Send a magic Wake-on-LAN (WoL) broadcast packet¶
- This module sends a magic packet, without knowing whether it worked
- Only works if the target system was properly configured for Wake-on-LAN (in the BIOS and/or the OS)
- Some BIOSes have a different (configurable) Wake-on-LAN boot order (i.e. PXE first).
- win_wakeonlan – Send a magic Wake-on-LAN (WoL) broadcast packet
- The official documentation on the win_wakeonlan module.
- name: Send a magic Wake-on-LAN packet to 00:00:5E:00:53:66 wakeonlan: mac: '00:00:5E:00:53:66' broadcast: 192.0.2.23 delegate_to: localhost - wakeonlan: mac: 00:00:5E:00:53:66 port: 9 delegate_to: localhost