win_dotnet_ngen – Runs ngen to recompile DLLs after .NET updates¶
- After .NET framework is installed/updated, Windows will probably want to recompile things to optimise for the host.
- This happens via scheduled task, usually at some inopportune time.
- This module allows you to run this task on your own schedule, so you incur the CPU hit at some more convenient and controlled time.
- There are in fact two scheduled tasks for ngen but they have no triggers so aren’t a problem.
- There’s no way to test if they’ve been completed.
- The stdout is quite likely to be several megabytes.
Common return values are documented here, the following are the fields unique to this module: