win_http_proxy – Manages proxy settings for WinHTTP¶
New in version 2.8.
- Used to set, remove, or import proxy settings for Windows HTTP Services
- WinHTTP is a framework used by applications or services, typically .NET applications or non-interactive services, to make web requests.
- This is not the same as the proxy settings set in Internet Explorer, also known as
WinINet; use the win_inet_proxy module to manage that instead.
- These settings are set system wide and not per user, it will require Administrative privileges to run.
- win_inet_proxy – Manages proxy settings for WinINet and Internet Explorer
- The official documentation on the win_inet_proxy module.
- name: Set a proxy to use for all protocols win_http_proxy: proxy: hostname - name: Set a proxy with a specific port with a bypass list win_http_proxy: proxy: hostname:8080 bypass: - server1 - server2 - <local> - name: Set the proxy based on the IE proxy settings win_http_proxy: source: ie - name: Set a proxy for specific protocols win_http_proxy: proxy: http: hostname:8080 https: hostname:8443 - name: Set a proxy for specific protocols using a string win_http_proxy: proxy: http=hostname:8080;https=hostname:8443 bypass: server1,server2,<local> - name: Remove any proxy settings win_http_proxy: proxy: '' bypass: ''