win_path – Manage Windows path environment variables¶
- Allows element-based ordering, addition, and removal of Windows path environment variables.
- This module is for modifying individual elements of path-like environment variables. For general-purpose management of other environment vars, use the win_environment module.
- This module does not broadcast change events. This means that the minority of windows applications which can have their environment changed without restarting will not be notified and therefore will need restarting to pick up new environment settings.
- User level environment variables will require an interactive user to log out and in again before they become available.
- win_environment – Modify environment variables on windows hosts
- The official documentation on the win_environment module.
- name: Ensure that system32 and Powershell are present on the global system path, and in the specified order win_path: elements: - '%SystemRoot%\system32' - '%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0' - name: Ensure that C:\Program Files\MyJavaThing is not on the current user's CLASSPATH win_path: name: CLASSPATH elements: C:\Program Files\MyJavaThing scope: user state: absent