splunk – Sends task result events to Splunk HTTP Event Collector¶
New in version 2.7.
- This callback plugin will send task results as JSON formatted events to a Splunk HTTP collector.
- The companion Splunk Monitoring & Diagnostics App is available here “https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4023/”
- Credit to “Ryan Currah (@ryancurrah)” for original source upon which this is based.
The below requirements are needed on the local master node that executes this callback.
- Whitelisting this callback plugin
- Create a HTTP Event Collector in Splunk
- Define the url and token in ansible.cfg
examples: > To enable, add this to your ansible.cfg file in the defaults block [defaults] callback_whitelist = splunk Set the environment variable export SPLUNK_URL=http://mysplunkinstance.datapaas.io:8088/services/collector/event export SPLUNK_AUTHTOKEN=f23blad6-5965-4537-bf69-5b5a545blabla88 Set the ansible.cfg variable in the callback_splunk block [callback_splunk] url = http://mysplunkinstance.datapaas.io:8088/services/collector/event authtoken = f23blad6-5965-4537-bf69-5b5a545blabla88