import_playbook – Import a playbook¶
New in version 2.4.
- Includes a file with a list of plays to be executed.
- Files with a list of plays can only be included at the top level.
- You cannot use this action inside a play.
The name of the imported playbook is specified directly without any other option.
- This is a core feature of Ansible, rather than a module, and cannot be overridden like a module.
- import_role – Import a role into a play
- The official documentation on the import_role module.
- import_tasks – Import a task list
- The official documentation on the import_tasks module.
- include_role – Load and execute a role
- The official documentation on the include_role module.
- include_tasks – Dynamically include a task list
- The official documentation on the include_tasks module.
- Including and Importing
- More information related to including and importing playbooks, roles and tasks.
- hosts: localhost tasks: - debug: msg: play1 - name: Include a play after another play import_playbook: otherplays.yaml - name: This DOES NOT WORK hosts: all tasks: - debug: msg: task1 - name: This fails because I'm inside a play already import_playbook: stuff.yaml