Ready to run your Ansible playbook?
Running complex playbooks requires some trial and error so learn about some of the abilities that Ansible gives you to ensure successful execution. You can validate your tasks with “dry run” playbooks, use the start-at-task and step mode options to efficiently troubleshoot playbooks. You can also use Ansible debugger to correct tasks during execution. Ansible also offers flexibility with asynchronous playbook execution and tags that let you run specific parts of your playbook.
- Validating tasks: check mode and diff mode
- Understanding privilege escalation: become
- Executing playbooks for troubleshooting
- Debugging tasks
- Asynchronous actions and polling
- Controlling playbook execution: strategies and more