service – Manage services¶
- Controls services on remote hosts. Supported init systems include BSD init, OpenRC, SysV, Solaris SMF, systemd, upstart.
- For Windows targets, use the win_service module instead.
- win_service – Manage and query Windows services
- The official documentation on the win_service module.
- name: Start service httpd, if not started service: name: httpd state: started - name: Stop service httpd, if started service: name: httpd state: stopped - name: Restart service httpd, in all cases service: name: httpd state: restarted - name: Reload service httpd, in all cases service: name: httpd state: reloaded - name: Enable service httpd, and not touch the state service: name: httpd enabled: yes - name: Start service foo, based on running process /usr/bin/foo service: name: foo pattern: /usr/bin/foo state: started - name: Restart network service for interface eth0 service: name: network state: restarted args: eth0